Main Ingredients: Beef, Mushrooms, Ginger, Snow Peas, Soy Sauce
Time Required: 1.0 hour
For the marinade:
(1) Cut the beef across the grain into thin slices about 2 inches long.
(2) Marinate in the marinade for several hours; overnight if possible.
(3) Press dry the mushrooms and dispose any hard stalks.
(4) Heat the oil in a preheated Wok until medium hot (300-325 degrees F).
(5) Blanch the beef for about 45-55 seconds. Stir to separate the slices and then remove as soon as the color changes.
(6) Drain. Pour off the excess oil, leaving about 2 tablespoons in the Wok.
(7) Stir-fry the vegetables for 1 minute. Add the salt and sugar, continue stirring for another minute.
(8) Add the beef and the oyster sauce, blend well and serve hot.
*How to season vegetable oil:
(1) Pour about 1 pint (473 ml) vegetable oil into a pre-heated saucepan or Wok over high heat.
(2) Add 2-3 small pieces of Ginger root.
(3) The Ginger pieces should rise to the surface in a few minutes.
(4) Watch the color of the Ginger now. When it turns from pale yellow to dark brown, turn off the heat and let the oil cool down a little before removing the ginger pieces.
(5) You have seasoned oil now, store it in a container.