Main Ingredients: Aubergines, Pine Nuts, Onion, Minced Meet, Various Spices
Time Required: 1.0 hour
(1) Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan.
(2) Fry the onion until soft.
(3) Add the nuts and fry until browned.
(4) Add the minced meat, spices, pinch of salt. Fry till the meat is well cooked.
(5) Deep-fry the aubergines until browned. Remove and put on kitchen paper or brush with oil and grill on both sides.
(6) Arrange the aubergine in an oven tray. Spread the meat mixture over, pressing it with the back of a spoon. Pour the crushed tomato, mixed with tomato puree, lemon juice salt and pepper over the aubergines.
(7) Cook in a hot oven for 45 minutes or till the sauce is thickened.
(8) Serve with rice.