Main Ingredients: Veal Cutlets, Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil, Mushrooms, Capers
Time Required: 1.5 hours
(1) Wash the Veal thoroughly and pat it dry.
(2) Pound cutlets with meat mallet until 1/4″ to 1/8″ thick.
(3) Beat the egg in a bowl large enough to hold cutlets.
(4) In a shallow pie plate, combine flour, Parmesan, paprika, salt and pepper
(5) Dip cutlets in egg, then in flour mixture until well coated.
(6) Heat a wide skillet and melt the butter and then add the Olive oil. When hot, add the cutlets.
(7) Quickly brown the cutlets on both sides, adding more butter and oil as needed. Fry until color is brown and cutlet is cooked.
(8) Remove cutlets to serving platter, keep warm.
(9) Sauté the onion, shallot, and garlic for about 1 minute in the drippings.
(10) Add the bouillon, deglaze the skillet while stirring to get all of the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
(11) Put the cutlets back into the skillet.
(12) Pour the lemon juice, capers, grated lemon peel and mushrooms over the cutlets while gently turning cutlets to coat with sauce.
(13) Simmer for about 15 minutes.
(14) Serve cutlets in warm serving platter and top with parsley, sauce and lemon slices. Combine this dish with rice pilaf and a tossed salad.