Main Ingredients: Chicken Breast, Parmesan Cheese, Olive Oil, Mushrooms, Capers
Time Required: 1.25 hours
(1) Wash the chicken thoroughly and pat it dry.
(2) Pound chicken flat gently in 1/2 inch pieces.
(3) Beat the egg in a bowl large enough to hold chicken.
(4) In a shallow pie plate, combine flour, Parmesan, paprika, salt and pepper
(5) Dip chicken in egg, then in flour mixture until well coated.
(6) Heat a wide skillet and melt the butter and then add the Olive oil. When hot, add the chicken.
(7) Quickly brown the chicken on both sides, adding more butter and oil as needed. Fry until color is golden and chicken is cooked.
(8) Remove chicken to serving platter, keep warm.
(9) Sauté the onion, shallot, and garlic for about 1 minute in the drippings.
(10) Add the bouillon, deglaze the skillet while stirring to get all of the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.
(11) Put the chicken back into the skillet.
(12) Pour the lemon juice, capers, grated lemon peel and mushrooms over the chicken while gently turning chicken to coat with sauce.
(13) Simmer for about 15 minutes.
(14) Serve chicken in warm serving platter and top with parsley, sauce and lemon slices. Combine this dish with rice pilaf and a tossed salad.