Main Ingredients: Prawns, Rice, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Ajinomoto
Time Required: 1.5 hours
(1) Heat cooking oil in a heavy based pan and fry onions until they turn golden brown.
(2) Add prawns, ginger paste, and garlic paste and mix.
(3) When water begins to evaporate, add powdered cinnamon and shallots and stir on medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
(4) Add rice and ajinomoto to prawns and stir for 2 minutes.
(5) Pour in 2.5 cups of water and add salt to taste.
(6) Mix rice carefully so they do not break and tightly cover pot with lid.
(7) Cook for 15 minutes until all moisture has been absorbed.
(8) Lower heat to lowest and leave on stove covered for another 10 minutes.
(9) Remove from heat and leave pot covered with lid for a few minutes.
(10) Remove lid and fluff rice with a fork before serving.
5 thoughts on “Prawn Pulao”
Tried this dish last weekend. Nice!
Hey Steve. If you like sea food then you should try Samke Harra also. Check out the recipe below:
I have tried both of these dishes too, loved them!
same here… although i liked garlic fish better.
I have tried this recipe too and liked it. however, I would use less cooking oil, 1/2 cup is enough i think.