Main Ingredients: Trout fillet, Leek, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Flour, Fish Stock
Time Required: 2.5 hours
(1) The whole fish should weigh 1.5 to 2 kg (3-4.5 pounds) for the fillets to be the desired thickness.
(2) Use a tweezers to remove the small bones down the center of the fillets.
(3) Shred the vegetables for the marinade. Place half the vegetables in a dish large enough to hold the fish in one layer.
(4) Sprinkle the fillet with chopped dill, lemon juice on both sides.
(5) Place on the bed of vegetables.
(6) Top with remaining vegetables. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 24 hours.
(7) Remove eyes and gills from the fish head. Place in a pan with the bones, cover with water and simmer 20 minutes. Strain and measure. If more than 5 dl (2 cups), reduce to that amount over high heat.
(8) Melt the butter and stir in the flour. Gradually add the stock, marinade with vegetables and dill.
(9) Just before serving, stir in the sour cream. Cut the fish fillet into 6 serving pieces.
(10) Poach in salted water about 10 minutes. Transfer the fish to a serving platter. Nap with the sauce. Garnish with lemon wedges and dill sprigs. Serve with boiled potatoes.