Main Ingredients: 2 Whole Chickens, Onions, Tomatoes, Various Spices
Time Required: 2.0 hours
- 2 Whole Chickens (~3Kg) cut as bone-in Curry Pieces (see video below)
- 5 Medium sized Onions
- 2.5 Bulbs of fresh Garlic
- 3″ long Ginger piece
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 4 fresh Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 4 Teaspoons salt
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli
- 1/2 Teaspoon Turmeric (Haldi) Power
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin (Jeera)
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Chilli Flakes
(1) Coarsely grind Cumin, Coriander seeds and Chilli Flakes in a grinder.
(2) Cut Onion into pieces small enough to fit in a food processor. Put cut Onions, Garlic, Ginger and Chilli in a food processor and blend.
(3) Heat oil in a large pot on high heat.
(4) Add the blend form the food processor in to the oil. Stir and cook for 5 minutes or until aromatic.
(5) Add Chicken pieces, Salt, Chilli and Turmeric. Turn over Chicken carefully so that meat if fully covered in blend.
(6) Put the lid on and cook on low heat for 30 minutes.
(7) Add chopped Tomatoes, Yogurt and the three ground spices and cook on high heat.
(8) When oil separates and the sauce looks homogeneous add 1L boiling water and cook for another 10 minutes.
Serve with Rice of flat bread/Naan.