Main Ingredients: Beef, Plain Yogurt, Almonds, Garlic Cloves, Whipping Cream, Various Spices
Time Required: 3 hours
(1) Mix together the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamom seeds, crushed red peppers and whole cloves. Put these ingredients into a grinder and grind them well into a fine powder.
(2) Add following to the ground powder: 1/3 cup water, slivered blanched almonds, garlic, ginger root, salt and ground cinnamon. Grind until the mixture develops a paste consistancy.
(3) On medium heat in a 4 quart saucepan put 1 tablespoon oil. When oil gets hot add and fry Â½ of the meat. Be sure to brown all sides well and remove from oil. Repeat this procedure with the other Â½ remaining meat and remove.
(4) Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the saucepan and add onions. Fry onions to golden brown. Reduce heat to medium and add the blended spice mixture and cosaute for 3-4 minutes or until it is slightly brown.
(5) Add the meat and 1/2 cup water to the saucepan. Cover and simmer for 1 Â½ to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and well cooked. Stir occasionally.
(6) Stir together the whipping cream, plain yogurt, all-purpose flour and garam masala powder. Stir the mixture into a Dutch oven (if available – otherwise continue using stove). Cook and stir until it is thickened and bubbly.
(7) Transfer to a serving bowl, sprinkle with fresh coriander/cilantro leaves.