Main Ingredients: Grouse, mushrooms, asparagus, cream, carrots, brown sugar, vinegar
Time Required: 2 hours
(1) Warm up an iron pot, put in some olive oil and garlic. Brown the grouse on all sides in the oil.
(2) Peel and dice the shallots and put it in the pot. Let the shallots get golden together with the grouse. Put the cream in and let the pot simmer with a lid for about an hour.
(3) While you are waiting for the grouse to finish, clean, peel and cut the vegetables in the size you want.
(4) Fry the mushrooms with olive oil and salt and pepper (to taste). Steam all other vegetables in well-salted water and cool them off in cold water when done.
(5) Brown the sugar in a pot and boil it with vinegar and some water.
(6) When the grouse are done, take them out of the pot. Strain the sauce from the grouse into the pot holding the vinegar and sugar. Stir some pieces of unsalted butter in the sauce and add salt and fresh group white pepper (to taste).
(7) Put the grouse back into the sauce and let it warm up while you heat the vegetables and mushrooms in the other pot.
(8) Serve on a platter with boiled potatoes.