Main Ingredients: Cabbage, minced beef, potato starch, nutmeg
Time Required: 1 hour 45 minutes
(1) Parboil the cabbage in lightly-salted boiling water until soft, about 2 minutes. Drain well. Cut out the thick stem part.
(2) Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).
(3) Mix the ground beef with salt and potato starch. Gradually add milk and season with spices.
(4) Place a spoonful of the meat mixture onto each cabbage leaf. Wrap the leaf around the meat to form a small package.
(5) Place the cabbage rolls, seam side down, in a greased ovenproof dish. Pour over the water and place the dish in a water bath. Back about 30 minutes.
(6) Serve with brown gravy, boiled potatoes and cooked carrots.