Main Ingredients: Boneless lamb meat, garlic, dried figs, mint, ground cumin
Time Required: 1 hour 15 minutes
(1) Trim all visible fat from lamb, cut lamb into 48 1-inch pieces, set aside.
(2) Combine the mint and the next 8 ingredients in a large zip-lock heavy-duty plastic bag, shake around to combine.
(3) Add in lamb; seal bag; shake to coat and marinate in refrigerator for 20 minutes, turning the bag occasionally.
(4) Remove lamb from bag and discard marinade.
(5) In a large bowl, combine the boiling water and figs, cover and let stand 10 minutes or until soft.
(6) Drain figs well, cut in half.
(7) Cut each onion into 6 wedges, cut each wedge in half crosswise (should have 24 pieces).
Thread 4 lamb pieces, 2 figs, and 2 onions alternately onto each of 12 (10-inch) skewers.
Place kebabs on a grill rack (over direct heat)or broiler pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
(8) Grill or broil 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness